Key Stage 3
During Key Stage 3 (Years 7&8) all students study the same subjects as required by the National Curriculum, in addition to Religious Studies, Computing is studied as a discrete subject in both years.
Year 7 & 8
- Students are taught in sets for English, maths and science.
- Students are taught in banded mixed ability groups for the non-core subjects.
- Design & Technology continue to be taught in smaller, mixed ability, but banded, groups.
Year 7 Periods
Year 8 Periods
% KS3 Time
|Design & Tech||1||1||8|
Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural Education
The curriculum contribute to students’ behaviour and welfare including their physical, mental and personal well being, safety and spiritual, moral, social and cultural development through cross curricular themes within the curriculum. This is monitored through a curriculum audit and supplemented with a SMSC programme in tutor time 4 days per week.
In addition topics such as Sex and Relationship Education and aspects of Citizenship are provided for through drop down activities.
Key Stage 4
- During KS4 (Years9, 10 & 11) all students follow English, Maths, Science.
- Religious Studies/Citizenship and Core PE are followed as non-examined subjects.
- All students then choose a subject in each of three option blocks.
Year 9 Periods
Year 10 Periods
Year 11 Periods
|Option Periods (Number of Subjects Studied)||9(3)||9(3)||10(4)|
Ebacc Subjects Offered
Other Subject Offered
Music (GCSE & BTEC)
- Students entering for advanced level study will normally study 3 A levels or equivalent in Year 12
- The minimum entry requirement for the advanced level course is 5 GCSE at grade 5/C or above.
- Individual subjects may specify a GCSE grade above 5/C as an entry requirement to a course.
- Private Study/Community Service/Work Placement completes a programme of study which exceeds the 540hrs guidelines for all students
Year 12 Advanced level programme
Year 12 Periods
4 AS level subjects
Private study/community service/work placement
Year 13 Advanced level programme
Year 12 Periods
3 A level subjects
Private study/community service