Breadth of the curriculum:
- A broad and balanced PE curriculum is offered to all students in all core PE lessons
and through the various examination courses available in KS4 and KS5.
Key Stage 3 - Core
- The lessons are taught in both mixed and single sex groups depending on the year group and the activities
- The students access the following areas: Netball, Football, Hockey, Rugby, Basketball, Badminton, Volleyball, Handball, Rounders, Cricket, Softball, Dance, Athletics, Fitness
Key Stage 4 - Core
- Students continue to build on their skills and understanding from the activities studied in KS3 but are also introduced to new activities such as volleyball and table-tennis. In Year 11 there is more of a focus on ‘choice of activity’ by the students with the aim to encourage students to adopt more of a healthy active lifestyle and promote lifelong participation.
Key Stage 4
- GCSE PE (OCR) and the Level 2 Cambridge Technicals. Both courses have practical and theoretical elements and enable students to choose a route that suits them.
Key Stage 5
- A Level PE (OCR) and Level 3 Cambridge Technical Diploma in Sport.